Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cake cookies

I have been wanting to make cake for a while now. We still have Christmas cookies in the freezer but I love (really, really, really love) cake and have been hungry for it lately. Two weeks ago we picked up some cake and frosting at Walmart and I still hadn't bothered to make a cake.

Today I had to run to Buehler's and pick up some hamburger (they are having a really good sale... $1.50 off with your advantage card) and while I was there remembered what Tara said about the cake cookie recipe. When we were at her house a few weeks ago she had made some of these cookies. I asked her for the recipe and she said it was on the side of the Pillsbury Funfetti box. I picked up a box, not planning to use it but just to get the recipe from the box. (I will put the recipe at the end of the post and save you the $1.33 it cost me)

It turned out to be super easy. So super easy that I can do it all by myself and have them turn out yummy.



While I worked in the kitchen Bevo waited patiently for me to drop something.



Unfortunately for him nothing hit the floor :o)



Mmmmmmmm! White cake cookies with lemon frosting. Yum-o

Pilsbury funfetti cookies

1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Preheat oven to 375. Mix ingredients with a spoon until moist. Roll batter into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Use the bottom of a glass dipped in flour to press balls to 1/4 inch thickness. Bake 6-8 min (I baked mine 7 min) until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 min. on cookie sheet. Move to cooling rack.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Haha that's soooo nice of you, I'd totally do it though... Did you ever end up getting out? Or are you still waiting?