Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin Pickin'

Last Saturday we took Tara's boys to a pumpkin patch up in Hartville. We picked pumpkins, went on a hayride, wandered for a hour though a corn maze, played in a "corn box" which made my eyes water and went to a petting zoo. We had a great time. I think the boys got a little tired since Zach layed down in the middle of the corn maze and announced that he was tired. We tried to get him to get up by telling him the tractor was coming but his answer was "Just run me over". I think it may be a fun tradition to start with Richie's nieces and nephews, and later with our own kids.

Here are some pics from our trip:




Sweet Zach, posing for me while we waited to pay for the pumpkins.





Arrrrg! I found some pretty cute pirates at the entrance to the pirate ship corn maze




There were
supposed to be maps like these in the corn maze but this was the only one we could find. We ended up following Richie as he cut through all the rows.



I made Gram take our picture after the afternoon of carving. Cyan wanted to get in on the fun. Actually I think it is because she wanted us off her bench





This is Richie's Buckeye pumpkin. When he explained to me how he was going to carve it I thought he was nuts. He really just scraped the picture into the pumpkin. The only part he cut out is the leg at the bottom.




No comments: