Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Smithsonian

We went to two of the three Smithsonian museums... We only had 3 hours which is hardly enough for one of the museums.

We started at the Air and Space... mainly because we had to go there to eat lunch. Neither of us are very interesting in that type of stuff. It made for some cool pictures though.



I really don't think I would try to get airborne in this thing... it seems pretty flimsy even with the wires attaching it to the ceiling.



We spend the majority of our time at the American History museum.



This Stradivarius was amazing. I love the detail on the side.



Julia Child's kitchen



Behind this metal flag was the flag that inspired the Star Spangled Banner... It was pretty awesome. I think that may have been my favorite thing we saw. It was huge but the exhibit made me dizzy because it was dark and the ground looked like it was moving. The dizziness may have been a side effect of all the cold medicine I was taking but the display didn't help.





No comments: